beanz magazine is a small community of teachers, technologists, and writers with a few support people to help with emails, design the print magazine, maintain the website version of the magazine, and more. All positions are part time, offsite, and paid opportunities. Please contact us at [email protected] if you’re interested.
While we currently have a full staff of writers, we are open to pitches for stories on these topics. Writers should have direct or related experience with the topic. We pay on publication.
- Kids K-3 — Projects, tools, and other information of use to teachers, parents, and adults working with young kids ages 5-8.
- Mycroft — We’d like to feature DIY projects using this open source (privacy friendly) alternative to Alexa, Google Home, Siri, Cortana, and other (privacy challenged) intelligent speakers.
- Networking — How computers work together, from a kids point of view.
- Hardware — Some kids like to be hands on with computing so we’re looking for projects building small computers and peripherals.
- Global Impact of Technology — Stories about people, groups, and technologies that benefit communities with limited or no access to technology, as well as the social impacts of technology in our lives.
- STEAM Toys — Product reviews of books, games, technology, software, and other ways kids can learn STEAM concepts, from age 5 to 18.